Tuesday, February 21, 2012

NY Times uses the word scruples some what erroneously

Julian Fellowes Overcomes His Scruples and Looks Back at Season 2 of ‘Downton Abbey’

In high school, we had this substitute named Mr. Fellowes. He was absurdly attractive and being chock-a-block full of teenage hormones, we could barely contain ourselves and I just remember cooing, "Mr. Fellowes," every time he walked by or was mentioned (or even really thought of). 


I still do that, except its different now. And this Mr. Fellowes I love for his mind and not his piercing blue eyes.

My thoughts -

1- His thought process sounds scarily like J.J. Abrams circa Lost. Why can't people just say that they have a solid plan for a show and stick to it? I don't like you more as an Artiste because you are flying by the seat of your pants. I am now incredibly nervous for season 3. If polar bears show up, I am out (lies, I am still totally in, you have me wrapped around your wee finger, Mr. Fellowes).

2 - I am glad he recognized it was stupid to keep Matthew and Mary apart for any longer. Quit dicking us around and bring on the wedding (woot! woot!).

3- This article makes me certain that wax-face-Patrick is going to come back (blech, shudder, gross) and with any luck he will look less gross and then disappear again (because he is a plot point and nothing else). Count on it. 

(via NYTimes.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment