Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hurrah for PBS


 'Downton Abbey' finale gives PBS best numbers since 2009

As a life-long watcher and supporter of PBS, this is lovely. I am so happy that PBS picked a winner with this show. 

My only beef? Laura Linney. While in theory, I am always Pro-Linney - in practice, I don't quite understand her role in this project. Also, the dress they have her in this season is wretchedly ill-fitting.

Is this a Love Actually crossover thing?  Is she the American Ambassador to British pop culture now (apparently Gillian Anderson had the job before her, which makes even less sense)?

The only thing that could make Downton Abbey better is if they brought back the Alistair Cooke intro in front of the fireplace and everything. I know its a minute and a half long, but it is sensational.

Or even better?  This:

(Via reuters.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment