Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How they eat at Downton

Dining After 'Downton Abbey': Why British Food Was So Bad For So Long

This article is hilarious for so many reasons - mostly because clearly NPR is trying to make nice after this business. Also, did anyone not know why British food got terrible? Didn't all food get terrible after World War I (or II if you live in the States where you were stuck eating radishes out of your victory garden). But I am glad that now that we're all Anglophiles we get to learn about everything British. They used to make fancy food and then they didn't, womp womp.

And I am sorry, but the description of some of the food that they have eaten does not actually sound all that tempting to me, though if it was served at Alinea, I would probably eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment